Please Note: I am not a doctor.
Please consult a physician
prior to attempting any of
the example workout routines
showcased in this blog.
Friday, February 19, 2010
AFAA Personal Training Certification *Part #5*
These posts are designed to help those who are considering getting their personal training certification through AFAA. I registered and wasn't sure what to expect, so I thought I would give a play-by-play of the 3-day course. Post #1 gave an overview. This post will go into detail about Study Tips.
- Study ahead of time
- Make an outline for your studying
- Familiarize yourself with boldface terms in textbook
- Know your anatomy, kinesiology & physiology
- Be familiar with a variety of fitness equipment
- Know proper form and techniques
- Most Importantly: RELAX!
There are 3 portions for the test.
1. Practical - Case Study w/Practical Demonstration & Explanation
2. Written Multiple Choice - 120 Questions
3. Visual Discernment (within Written) - 20 Questions