I've compiled a list of common excuses and rebuttals.
This list is for inspiration, motivation or even for those who may say these excuses to themselves and talk themselves out of achieving a healthier lifestyle.
"I can't exercise..I have to take care of my family, kids etc..."
- Include your family/kids in your routine! Take the kids/baby for a walk, ride bikes etc, If you want to work out alone, trade babysitting days with a fellow friend.
"I don't like to exercise!"
- Think of working out as playing, not exercise. Do something or activities you enjoy so you won't think of it as a chore.
"Getting exercise/going to the gym costs too much money!"
- You don't need a lot of money or even a gym membership to get healthy. Most libraries have workout dvds to borrow, trade fitness equipment with your workout partner or use items around the house (water bottles, chairs, jump rope etc) for a creative workout
"I already exercise, not getting results..."
- Chances are the exercise you already do is the same exercise routine from years ago. Your body has probably adapted to your workout and needs a switch. Change up your routine every 2-3 weeks to keep your body guessing and improving.
"I don't have enough time!"
- You don't have to set aside hours of time to workout. Plan to accumulate your exercise throughout the entire day. Walk 5-10 min before work, at lunch and before dinner and you've already done 15-30min!